Saturday, October 20, 2012

Refletion AIC class visit












 

The Art Institute of Chicago is an amazing place, because everything inside is associated with art. From the design of the building to the presence of famous artworks, AIC strikes my heart and soul.
My first impression of AIC is gorgeous. Not only the material of the building is fancy, but the computers in the front desk are expensive. I don’t know whether the fancy material or high-tech computers have anything to do with art, but I am sure every visitor can feel comfortable inside the institute. When we step into the first room of Van Gogh’s paintings, I am excited to see so many original versions of paintings. The differences between the original artworks and the photos of artwork in the textbook are obvious. From the textbook, I only can look at the artworks in one fixed angle and direction, whereas here I can view the artworks from different directions. I can tell how the artists construct their paintings, how the figures arrange, and how the paintings look like from different angles. By analyzing the artworks in this deep ways, I have a better understanding of the artworks.
After seeing the fantastic paintings, we have to analyze one artwork in groups. For the presentation, I didn’t do a great job in working with my partner. The reason is that we both are crazy about the artworks in the building so that we go on our tour separately. However, we did great in expressing our feelings about the chosen artwork, and I liked the collaboration very much.
The only setback of this tour is the limiting time. I don’t have enough time to enjoy the amazing artworks, not to mention to take pictures. I am hoping that we can visit AIC for more time.



No comments:

Post a Comment